Looking for a partner to solve your
cybersecurity and compliance challenges?
Assura’s Virtual ISO™ is the answer.
With Virtual ISO™, you can rest assured your organization will have industry-best protection, backed by our AuditArmor™ Audit Defense Guarantee. We’ve got you covered, from security policies, procedures, and planning to risk assessment, third-party vendor oversight, and more. We understand there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution for every organization, which is why we offer customizable options for this service.
What do you get with Virtual ISO™?
- Fractional Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Security policies, standards, and guidelines
- Security processes, procedures, and plans
- Business Impact Analysis
- Security awareness training
- Security and compliance assessments
- Risk assessment
- Third-party vendor oversight
- Secure system development
- Investigate and lead the response to security breaches
- Recurring compliance activities management
- AuditArmor™ Audit Defense
Your total security and compliance solution.
- We map out a fully functional and compliant program, then build it together
- You’re guided through all program management decisions
- You decide how your organization will run the business end of cybersecurity
- All the unsexy work of documentation will be taken care of by your Virtual ISO™ team
- Your IT experts implement the necessary technical safeguards
- We work closely with your IT folks to make sure your system is secure
- Once the program is in place we continue to keep it maintained and compliant going forward
- Users are trained in security practices to help defend against attacks
- We take on cybersecurity planning activities such as system security plans if applicable
- In the unfortunate event of a cyber incident, we advise on how to handle it
Customizable Virtual ISO™ features and
add-ons to fit any organization’s needs.
- Assigned primary and backup Information Security Officers
- Cybersecurity Incident Response Plan development, testing, and exercises
- Compliant and actionable program implementation and operational roadmap
- Managed compliance tracking, calendar, and workflows
- Expert guidance to support your Fractional ISO such as incident response and security engineering experts
- Program dashboarding and analysis delivered monthly to meet progress goals
- Enrollment in Assura’s Cyber Heads-Up delivering you immediate alerts about new threats and vulnerabilities.
- Customized cybersecurity policy and procedures for your organization
- Business Impact Analysis
- Risk assessments
- Risk remediation planning
- Management and technical security guidance
- Initial and annual security training for end-users
- IT disaster recovery plan development, testing, and exercises
- Sensitive system security plans
- Monthly social engineering and security awareness campaigns development
- Initial and annual security training/briefings to executives and boards (*additional charges for travel may be included for in-person training)
- AuditArmor™ Audit Defense Guarantee
- Other cybersecurity-related task items as mutually agreed
- Third-party vendor risk assessment and management
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response Management (DFIR)
- Vulnerability Management as a Service (VMaaS) to include internal and external vulnerability scanning, reporting, remediation tracking, and validation of vulnerability remediation activities
- Penetration Testing
- Extended Detection & Response (XDR)
- Multifactor Authentication (MFA)
- Managed Detection & Response (MDR)
- Cybersecurity Monitoring (SIEM)
- Application Vulnerability Analysis
- Administration of KnowBe4 security awareness and training tools
- Cybersecurity engineering support
- Initial and annual security training for IT system administrators and developers
Compliance and security for any industry.
Guaranteed compliance with the following standards and regulations.
NIST SP 800-53
NIST SP 800-37
NIST SP 800-171
SSAE-18/SOC 2 & SOC for Cybersecurity
State-level data breach reporting and cyber security standards and data protection laws
If you get audited, Assura has you covered. Our AuditArmor™ Audit Defense Guarantee means that we guarantee our work to be compliant with the identified cybersecurity frameworks and regulatory requirements (unless waived by you). We defend our work at no additional cost. Yes, we’re serious. And yes, we’re that confident in the quality of our work. We have you covered from entrance conference to exit conference and will work with your auditor or regulator to defend our work. On the off chance that a change needs to be made to the deliverable, we’ll do that for free. It’s that simple.
How we’ve helped to protect industries like yours.
A university approached Assura with a unique challenge that most other organizations don’t have. Because they employ students to help run various aspects of the school, they needed a way to ensure these work-study employees didn’t accidentally put the university’s data at risk.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) challenged the Commonwealth of Virginia with helping to secure elections and making government localities cyber secure. Assura was approached by nearly a dozen together needing to overcome the same challenge in the same timeframe, yet each with its unique path to reaching success.
A U.S. government contractor tapped a global company that specialized in workforce mobilization and staffing to create and staff a call center. Typically, this would not have been a significant challenge. However, this happened at the peak of the COVID-19 global pandemic, which meant the data center needed to be 100% remote while still being 100% compliant with Federal cybersecurity regulations – seemingly incompatible requirements. Assura had the solution.