The client is responsible for management of various benefit programs across the state. The client collects a significant amount of sensitive data. They needed to have a comprehensive understanding of the data within their systems, exchanges of data inside and outside of the agency, and the data protection requirements.
- Identified all data types within all systems maintained by the client and its vendors.
- Determined the legal and regulatory protection requirements for all data.
- Worked with leadership to appoint System and Data Owners, System Administrators, and Data Custodians for all systems.
Impact on Client
- Complete documentation of all sensitive data.
- New process to determine system and data sensitivity before release of new systems.
Finding all the sensitive data to protect before the hackers find it
Data Classification, Security Analysis